So this year has been another complete washout as far as getting anything done on the vegetable plot is concerned! Several times I was given the OK by the doctors to start and do some gentle work on it and every time I ended up in the hospital with my back in spasm.
However over the weekend I was yet again given the go-ahead to try some light work to see how I got on, so yesterday I took down the remains of the old bean frame and cleaned those canes that could be salvaged and removed the bindweed that was growing up through the wire fencing at one end of the plot, and NO problems great!.
Today I have had a go at some light digging in the area that is very light and well-drained soil, I managed an area about 1m by 1m by 10cm in 20 minutes again with no problems so another GREAT, downside to that was in that area I removed over 20kg of bindweed roots. So it looks like I have a long round to get the plot back to how it should be.
I would like to say many thanks to the allotment association for being so patient with me not beeing able to maintain the plot properly these last 3 or so years, especially as I know there are people on the waiting list.
Now all I need to do is be able to get on the plot most days and do a little bit at a time.